Are you a researcher in the field of sustainable development? GlobalDev is inviting you to write about the transitions that are shaping development today – locally, regionally or globally. Drawing from your own scientific endeavours and that of others in your field of work, you will be asked to write an 800 words blog post about the societal challenges and dynamics you are studying.
Your blog post can focus on any of the following areas (the list is indicative and not exhaustive):
• Global picture: ODA, sustainable development, SDGs, anthropological and technological revolution, decision making in a complex world, digital revolution, knowledge revolution, etc. • Climate and energy transition: Energy, climate change
• Territorial and ecological transition: urban development, environmental degradation, natural resource management in all sectors, biodiversity mainstreaming, actions for sustainable living
• Demographic and social transition: demographic trends, migration, gender issues, poverty, inequality, education, health, the future of work, cultural issues, vulnerability and fragility, conflict prevention
• Economic and financial transition: growth, development finance, trade, structural transformations
• Political and civic transition: governance, corruption, political regimes, political participation
• Methodological issues: development measurements, concept of transition, measures of wellbeing, prospective
• Emerging approaches: Sustainability science or Sustainability Transitions Research
This blog series is organized in partnership with the Transition in the Global South initiative. Dr. Bipashyee Ghosh, Research Fellow at the Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU), University of Sussex, will be joining the review panel for this series as a guest editor. The series is a prolongation of a video contest launched by the Agence Française de Developpement (AFD) and the Global Development Network (GDN) in 2021.